The shortening days of late Autumn make it easy to pause and think of sadness, suffering, and despair. If you’re looking for resources to help you care for yourself or loved one, consider these books:
- Kathryn Greene-McCreight, Darkness is my Only Companion
- Richard Winter, When Life Goes Dark
- Kelly Kapic, Embodied Hope
- Amy Simpson, Troubled Minds.
- Matthew Stanford, Grace for the Afflicted.
- Dwight Carlson, Why Do Christians Shoot their Wounded?
- Al Hsu, Grieving a Suicide
- Richard Rice, Suffering and the Search for Meaning
- Brian Hagg Gregg, What Does the Bible Say About Suffering?
Enter any book recommendations you have in the comments and I’ll add them to this list!